Monday, May 21, 2012

Why this blog, now?

In May 2012 I was doing a review at my local library of the book entitled The Execution of Charles Horman: An American Sacrifice, by Thomas Hauser. The book was originally published in 1978. Several years later, it formed the basis of the award-winning motion picture Missing, directed by Costa-Gavras and starring Jack Lemmon and Sissy Spacek.

Although I hadn't tried blogging in several years, I thought maybe this would be the best way to share access to more information to anyone attending the book review who might want to look into it a little deeper.

An audio recording of the book review can found at http://www.hormantruth.org/ht/family.




2 comments:

  1. I was at dinner with five Mexican friends on a tiny island at the southern tip of Oaxaca called Chacahua. Each casually recounted the murder or kidnapping of a family member or close friend. It took every voice at that table to shatter my American numbness. I hope David Nelson's blog and the research, movies and books it leads you to does the same. D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much for creating this page; i was born in Chile and left on february 1977
    i wish you the best on this project, and kindly inform me of any event; i know i am attending the september 9 40th anniversary of this tragedy!
    sincerely, Ana Maria Fuenzalida, amfuenzalidap2011@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete